Mental Matters is a new publication, looking for writers whose stories matter. Who decides if they matter? Well, you do, of course!
Our mental health is important, and encompasses a number of things. It’s all dependent on the individual. For some, it’s a healthy lifestyle, for others, a healthy sex life. We take bits and pieces from different things to make up the whole of ourselves, and our good mental health. Here at Mental Matters, that’s what it’s all about, the pieces that make up the whole.
If you would like to write for Mental Matters, please keep the following in mind:
- Currently, we are accepting unpublished drafts only. This ensures that your story appears at the top of the publication page once it’s published.
- A great headline goes a long way. Please, no click-bait.
- Images are important. Medium has a built in way for you to add beautiful images to your draft via Unsplash, however, as long as you have the rights to use an image, that works as well.
- Tags that lead folks to Mental Matters are, Mental Health, Sex, Self-Improvement, Life, and Culture. Stories that fit somewhere within these tags are what we are looking for. Don’t force it, please use appropriate tags when submitting your draft! Even one of these tags is fantastic.
- Mental Matters reserves the right to edit images and copy when necessary, but will discuss with the writer before publishing if this happens.
- Stories behind the paywall are preferred, but not required.
If you would like to be added as a writer, please leave a note, private or otherwise, and you’ll be added as soon as possible.