I’m getting the hang of running a publication. I’m new at this, so apologies as I figure things out. *Updated September 2019, but I’m still getting the hang of it!*
Down A Rabbit Hole is, at this time, solely my responsibility. I started this publication with the intent of creating a place for people, myself included, to feel free to write essentially whatever they wanted.
The emphasis being freedom.
Thoughts, civil rights (the ones people have or don’t have), LGBTQ issues, personal journeys, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, self-improvement, self-empowerment, life, life lessons, reflection, those are the things I think send people down the proverbial rabbit hole. The things that can inspire true reflection and conversation between people and form connections.
To me, connections are what it is all about.
The tags that are connected to this publication, the ones that lead people here currently are, life, life lessons, writing, self-improvement, and parenting.
That does not, however, limit you to tagging your writing with only those 5 tags of course. If you decide you would like to write for DARH, I would prefer that you tag your writing appropriately.
After all this, if you are interested in writing for DARH, please leave a note, public or private and let me know. I will gladly add you.
Please keep the following in mind:
- I will not edit your writing, other than the occasional spelling/grammar check. If I change anything, I will leave a private note letting you know before I publish to make sure you’re okay with what I’ve done.
- Please use CoSchedule or another site to help with your headlines. With CoSchedule, a score of 70 or higher is recommended to drive traffic to your article.
- At least one image is required for each article. Images drive traffic to your article. Medium has a built in feature to search Unsplash. If you don’t use that, that’s fine, feel free to use your own, but make sure you have rights to it, or use another stock image site/give credit.
- I do not and will not tolerate hate speech in articles or comments. Period. I don’t consider this a “family” publication, by any means. Curse, swear, get it all out. I do. But if I see bashing of any kind, bullying of any kind, I’ll swing the ban hammer, hard. No questions asked.
- If for whatever reason, DARH doesn’t seem like the best fit for your piece, I will leave a private note for you and let you know that I’ll not be publishing it. Please do not take this personally, it simply means it’s not a fit, not that your piece isn’t brilliant for somewhere else.
I think that’s it! If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out. I look forward to working with you all and hope you enjoy it as well. Happy writing and be well.